- Rental Conditions
- Renter must be legally competent under Virginia law to enter into contracts and agreements, must be a Member or a Registered Tenant with the Association holding right of use to Amenities, and must be in good standing (no property violations or balance).
- Rentals are NOT permitted on behalf of another party. Only Member(s) listed on the rental contract are permitted to pick up / have possession of the community center key. All responsibility lies with the Member that the contract was reviewed with and signed by.
- Renter shall pick up and return the community center key on the dates specified in this contract. Association does not permit Renter or Renter’s property to enter the building before or after the times specified on this contract. All rentals end at 1:00am; security alarms are automatically set at this time.
- Renter is responsible for all damages to the community center and surrounding premises. The Association is not liable to Renter, Renter’s guests, or invitees for any damage whether to person or property caused by the failure of any plumbing, heating, sewage, electricity, water or gas systems or for failure of any other fixture. Renter indemnifies and holds the Association harmless and without fault or liability for any loss or damage, direct or indirect, which occurs during the rental from either personal or property damage sustained by Renter, Renter’s guest or invitees. Moreover, Renter indemnifies and holds the Association harmless for any and all costs or expenses, including but not limited to attorneys’ fees and costs, incurred by the Association arising out of any claim by the Association, on behalf of, or against Renter, Renter’s guests, invitees or servants.
- The Noise Ordinance for Prince William County is in effect from 10:00pm – 6:00am. Please keep noise to a minimum and doors closed during this time. Any report from the police of violation of this ordinance will result in full forfeiture of security deposit.
- Decorations may only be adhered to walls with painter’s tape. Push pins and all other adhering substances are prohibited.
- Ticket sales prior to the event or at the entrance to the community center area are not permitted.
- The sale of alcohol is prohibited. Consumption of alcoholic beverages by Renter or Renter’s guests or invitees must be in accordance with Virginia law. Association assumes no responsibility for injuries to Renter or Renter’s guests and invitees as a result of the consumption of alcoholic beverages on the premises.
- No smoking or fog machines in the community centers. No fires are permitted in the ornamental fireplace at Tall Oaks. Any fire alarm set off due to the rental will result in full forfeiture of security deposit.
- In case of fire or emergency, dial 9-1-1. Association staff and their designated agents, including PWC Police, OWL Rescue Squad, and Fire Department have authorized access to the community centers during rental times.
- In the event of a RENTAL emergency, contact Association staff at (703) 932-1754. Email Recreation@LakeRidgeVA.com photos upon entry of any improper cleanup from previous renter to ensure proper measures are enforced for party with breach of contract.
Noncompliance with any conditions may result in Association Representatives, Prince William County Police Department, and/or Prince William County Fire Department terminating the event and loss of security deposit.
Security Deposit & Key Return
If there has been any breach of contract, the security deposit check / money order can be processed as payment. If a partial amount is forfeited, the Association will accept exact payment by money order or credit / debit card and void the security deposit check. If alternative payment is not received on the key return date, the full security deposit check / money order will be processed and a refund check in the amount of the difference will be mailed to the address on the contract.
Forfeiture of Rental Fee or Security Deposit
No refund will be granted and the entire will be forfeited for the following circumstances:
- Rental is canceled 10 business days or fewer before rental date
- Failure to pick up key on the specified date
- Police report violation of noise ordinance
- Fire alarm is set off due to the rental
- Renter enters building before or after time specified
- Number of event attendees exceeds the maximum capacity
- Renter fails to return key or key is lost
- Broken glass found on decks overlooking pools
A portion of the rental fee will be withheld for the following circumstances:
- Renter fails to clean the community center properly after rental, including any of the following tasks—
- check outside area for trash & damages, empty trash and remove from premises & grounds ($100 from deposit + $50 per hour of cleaning done by Association)
- wipe clean over & refrigerator ($50 from deposit)
- clean and return chairs and tables to original locations ($50 per hour of cleaning done by Association)
- wipe clean countertops and restrooms ($50 per hour of cleaning done by Association)
- flush toilets and rinse out sinks ($50 per hour of cleaning done by Association)
- wipe, sweep, mop and vacuum floors free of all dirt and stains ($50 per hour of cleaning done by Association)
- remove decorations and accessories ($50 per hour of cleaning done by Association)
- close and lock windows and doors ($50 from deposit)
- turn off faucets
- turn off all lights
Charge for Significant Damage: The Association may charge an additional fee for significant damage or breach of contract to center. The specific amount for other damage will be assessed on a case-by-case basis at the determination of the Recreation Director in an addendum to the rental agreement. The Association has authority to suspend future use of centers or charge an increased security deposit. For subsequent rentals already reserved, rental fees may be forfeited at the discretion of the Association.